Problem with the non-deletion of a game

Issue:
Hello!

I have a problem with Pokémon Y. Some time ago I started a game in that game and then I got bored and deleted it. Relatively recently I installed it again and I have the game already started and saved, I guess where I left it the previous time. I tried to delete and install again but that save still appears. How can I start the game again? I don’t want to continue from where I was before.

As a matter of fact, I do not know if it is relevant or not, I have to say that the games are not stored in the citra folder, but in the downloads folder, as it is where I saved them when I acquired them and, from that place, I can play also from citra. I say this because somewhere I have seen that you have to go to a certain part of the citra folder to delete something related to the game there but I do not have that, I suppose that because I have the game in another folder and not in the folder citra.

I hope you can help me. Thanks a lot.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10

• CPU: intel core i5.

• GPU: nvidia geforce gtx 1050.

• Citra Version (found in title bar): 1719.

• Game: Pokémon Y.

• Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): https://i.imgur.com/7KJ6Iuw.png

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (26.4 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1719 HEAD-dfd7926
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            456.71
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Save games, installed games (CIAs) and some other stuff gets stored in Citras user folder, which imitates the 3DS’ file system and is stored at %appdata%/Citra by default (File > Open Citra Folder). So as long as you don’t delete this folder your saves will remain untouched even after deleting Citra.

You can delete your save just as you would on your 3DS by pressing X + B + D-Pad-Up on the games title screen. Alternatively you could right click the game in Citras game list, choose Open Save Data Location and delete the 00000001 folder.