Problem with the speed of the Game with Paper Mario

Issue : I’ve weel loaded the rom, in .3ds decrypted, but when I open it, with Citra, the game works, but it’s too slowlyyyy… 'Cause of a error for sure, but I don’t understand why.

So if anyone know why it doesn’t work, thanks. Or if you have already played Paper Mario without any bug, tell me how please, thx.

1 Like

Looking at the screenshots, you have a very old Citra build. Please get the latest Canary build from our installer in here.

Do I have to open every terminal ? And what about “libs” ?

That’s a little bit better about the speed, but I have graphics problems now…
I should try with another ROM…

Which Citra do I have to use ? Is there any difference ?
By the way, I still have problems of speed, is that normal ?

Canary uses newer features in comparison to Nightly and is currently faster because there is a new hardware renderer speeding up emulation but needs testing.

Try to use the Canary build and go to emulation —> configure --> graphics:
And then set “enable hardware renderer” on if it’s not and try to set “accurate multiplication” off under enable hardware shader.
Performance could be better but you also could have more graphics issue.
Just try it out if there is any meaningful difference for you.

You could also compare with “enable hardware renderer” on off and report back the performance difference.

There is nothing to do… I have tried everything, every combinations in Graphics settings, in both Citra version, but nothing…
No one have ever played to Paper Mario with Citra ?

This video shows exactly the speed problem that i had with the older version of Citra. With the new one, I also have graphics problems…

That’s the same thing with every player, the problem is probably the ROM, right ?

I give up, thanks you Regal to have tried to help me

But does the new Canary version with graphics issues run faster than Nightly when you set “enable hardware renderer”?

No, this is much slower…

Citra is currently in very early stages of development. Games usually run less than full-speed even on the best computers. Expect bugs and glitches to appear in most games. Many features for a more stable emulation are still in the works. For any major updates, please visit our Homepage.

You’re not going to get any faster than this. Disable the “Enable Hardware Shader” option in Emulation - Configure - Graphics, since Mac systems don’t support the GPU mode.

1 Like

Are there plans to enable the new hardware renderer under Mac OS or do you envision to drop Mac OS support over time now?

Everything will have support over time, but we can’t state a ETA.

1 Like