PS4 controller incompatibility with Citra

I use an PS4 controller to play on PC because I prefer it alot. I also use an emulator so the PC detect it as a Xbox 360 controller,for better compatibility. It works fine in every game and even other emulators,this is a citra-only problem: citra detects the trigger as analog. What’s the problem with that you may ask? Well,if you press it fully,game will detect as one axis. If you don’t press it at all,it still detects its as a axis. its like an analog that is aways ponting up. And I know for sure that’s a thing because if I press the trigger until somewhat middle (it’s hard af to find the middle of it),the emulator stop detecting it. Since it is an analog that is aways pressing up,it’s really annoying to configure the controls sometimes. The games are completely playable since I don’t use the trigger in the games and also the trigger isn’t even in my controller configs,the only real problem is when I have to configure the controllers. So,is there a fix for this? Or it’s something you have to fix in controller support? Because since Citra is the only program with this problem,I don’t think the problem is in my PC.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 64bits
  • CPU: AMD FX-8350 4ghz
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1050TI
  • Citra Version: Citra Canary, always lastest version.

The configuration ui has issues with Dualshock 4 controllers. Have you tried configuring the qt-config.ini instead?

That’s exactly what I do. Sometimes my controller disconects because my UBS cable is bad,and if you disconnect and reconnec a controller while citra is running,it stops detecting the controller,you have to re-open citra so it detects the controller (that is also a major problem) and when the controller stops in the middle of the game,I have to set some commands to keyboard buttons so I can save the game before closing citra. So I have the configs saved. Like I said,I’m able to play games normally,it’s just annoying to copy and paste all the commands everytime my controller disconnects.

That’s because hotplugging isn’t supported in Citra yet. You can try going into configuration and clicking OK to force reload it. Also you should replace your bad USB cable.

I did it,but I can’t control when something will go wrong and the controller will simply disconnect

i use DS4Windows and this resolve the majority of incompatibility problem