Qr code does not contain a mii

When scanning a qr code for a mii in tomodachi life and mii maker, if it was readable, i get a message saying that the mii doesn’t exist. i tried a qr for my own mii and i got a message that i already have this mii.

(i tried a mii code and a tomodachi life code for both games and i got the same result)

System Information

• Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz
  • GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 520
  • Citra Version: Nightly 1509
  • Game: tomodachi life and mii maker

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (271.3 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1509 HEAD-bc14f48
OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
GPU Driver Version                            21.20.16.4542
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

You need AES Keys to make qr codes works

Alright but how exactly do you configure this? It seems to be something that was supposed to come with the emulator, but I checked in and couldn’t find it anywhere, and then I tried to create one with some stuff I’ve seen out there but no success either, man I just wanna play me some miis… :c

The AES keys of course are not included with the emulator, they are copyrighted by Nintendo so sharing would be illegal.
You need to dump them with your 3DS, Method 1 explains it step by step https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/AES-Keys

I have the same problem its really confusing, do I need a hacked 3ds? Can I do it without a 3ds? Is there any tutorial?

Depends on how/where the code was created.
If the code was created on a 3DS console you need to provide the AES keys (for those you need a hacked 3DS).
If the code was created on Citra you only need to provide the AES keys if the instance of Citra that was used to create the code had the keys provided as well.

OKAY FIRST OFF THAT LINK IS SO GODDAMN USELESS LIKE… WHY GET IN THE POINT WHEN THE PERSON THATS READING THE INTRUCTIONS DONT HAVE THE THINGS THAT REQUIRES FOR AES KEY LIKE… PLEASE THEY COULD SEND A LINK TO THE KEYS WE NEED TO GET AES KEY EXAMPLE “slot0x2DKeyN” LIKE… FIRST OFF WHERE DO WE EVEN FIND THAT??? LIKEE DUDE CAN SOMEONE JUST PUT A TUTORIAL ON YT ON HOW TO PROPERLY GET THOES KEYS FOR THE AES KEY LIKE OH MY GOD. SO MANY GODDAMN INTRUCTIONS JUST TO GET THE QR CODE TO WORK WHY IS IT SO GODDAMN HARD LIKEE IF I CREATE THE AES KEY MY OWN IT JUST IGNORES IT WHAT KINDA SHI IS THIS :skull: YALL NEED TO GROW UP CUZ HOW DO U NOT KNOW THAT?? IF UR GONNA PUT INTRUCTIONS AND STUFF ON HOW TO DO THINGS FOR SOMETHING TO WORKINGAME AT LEAST PUT THE LINK FOR WHAT U NEED TO DOWNLOAD GODDAMNIT NOT SO DIFFICULT?? RIGHT???

like bro… the tutorial doesnt even give the download link FOR THE KEYS to get aes key like?? what kind of tutorial is that??

We do not provide download links to any keys, because they are copyrighted content, we do not support piracy here at Citra. The tutorial explains that you’ll dump the keys from your console, using one of the tools available for it, such as GM9, or ThreeSD. Though it may be outdated enough to not mention threesd.

The tutorial is not ‘useless’, when it contains step by step instructions of what you need to do.