Question about screens

There’s a way to split screens in 2 monitors? For example in zelda oot, in 1 monitor the main screen, in the 2 monitor the menu screen…

(Assuming you’re using windows) Navigate to Users(Username)\AppData\Roaming\Citra\config, and open qt-config. Set custom_layout=true. Right below custom_layout you should have the lines I pasted below.

custom_top_left=
custom_top_top=
custom_top_right=
custom_top_bottom=
custom_bottom_left=
custom_bottom_top=
custom_bottom_right=
custom_bottom_bottom=

You’ll want to set them up like so, where A|B is the resolution of your main monitor, and C|D is resolution of your other monitor.

custom_top_left=0
custom_top_top=0
custom_top_right=A
custom_top_bottom=B
custom_bottom_left=A
custom_bottom_top=0
custom_bottom_right=C+D
custom_bottom_bottom=D

For example, my main monitor is 1600x1200, and my other monitor is 1440x900, and this is what my layout section looks like:

[Layout]
layout_option=2
swap_screen=false
custom_layout=true
custom_top_left=0
custom_top_top=0
custom_top_right=1600
custom_top_bottom=1200
custom_bottom_left=1600
custom_bottom_top=0
custom_bottom_right=3040
custom_bottom_bottom=900

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

awesome bro, thanks you!

I just tried to do that, and the only the upper half of the first screen appeared on my main monitor, while nothing came up on my secondary monitor. My main monitor’s resolution is 1920x1080, and the secondary is 1680x1050. What went wrong?

My config is right here:

[Layout]
layout_option=2
swap_screen=false
custom_top_left=0
custom_top_top=0
custom_top_right=1920
custom_top_bottom=1080
custom_bottom_left=1920
custom_bottom_top=560
custom_bottom_right=3600
custom_bottom_bottom=1050
custom_layout=true

Have you tried setting custom_bottom_top=0? Also you may need to change the orientation of the monitors, and/or which one is the main monitor in windows settings (try putting the one that’s on the left on the right, see if that changes anything)

@GDhex12 there is a little glitch. It will be A+C, not C+D in custom_bottom_right. Please edit your post @BayoNX19 .

Also thanks to you, I’ve made a tutorial on this. See

Sorry for bumping.

EDIT : Is there anyway to do the same for Mac & Linux?
1 Like