Question about shader cache in Super Mario Odyssey

Hi there,

I’ve been playing SMO on Yuzu for the last few days and although it looks okay, I still get stuttering problems and also sometimes the emulator will randomly completely shut down mid-game.
I have a decent system so I’m assuming that these issues are due to the shader cache in SMO not being complete? I’m using Vulkan with SMO as OpenGL doesn’t seem to work well for me. I’ve included a screenshot of the graphics settings I use with the game.
When I first played Breath Of The Wild in Cemu all of the weird stuttering problems that it had were fixed by downloading a complete shader cache for the game so I’m trying to do the same with SMO.

I’ve been trying to find a shader cache collection online for Yuzu and the only one I could find is here: [REDACTED]

But it states that they caches only work with the EA version of Yuzu which is something I don’t have.

I’m just wondering could anyone give me advice on the matter?

My specs are as follows:
Ryzen 7 3700X
Corsair Vengeance 16GB Ram
Asus Tuf Gaming Plus X570 Motherboard
1GB Samsung SSD EVO Boot Drive
EVGA RTX 2070 Super 8GB VRAM

Any helpful advice would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Using or distributing a shader cache is illegal as it contains game code, and that’s of course copyrighted by Nintendo.
Regarding Vulkan, it doesn’t has support for a shader cache for now, all are lost after you close yuzu.
Try using OpenGL, and in the advanced graphics tab enable assembly shaders, you will get far better performance than with Vulkan, more stability, and the shaders will be much faster to build.

Apologies, I didn’t understand about the illegality of distributing shader caches etc.

Thanks to your advice a few days ago there has been a significant improvement when playing SMO in Yuzu at my end. I have experienced no crashes and the stuttering I had during gameplay has decreased.

However, during cut scenes in the game I’ve experience weird “audio stuttering”. It is like the audio goes on and off every half second. Is there any way of fixing this at all?

That’s a known problem, our audio part still needs a lot of work.

Okay, no worries. It’s not a huge issue anyway. The game is still very enjoyable.