Ram usage peak and slowdown on task selection menu Super Mario Maker 2

I’ve been playing this game in yuzu for a while now and it was working well between 40-60fps, but then I followed the latest BSOD guide for performance and updated yuzu and now the task selection menu slows down the game to 1fps and in rivatuner it shows that the ram usage increases by 1gb and the frametime go up to 1000ms.

I don’t know why this happens, I’ve tried undoing the changes I made with BSODs guide and using an older yuzu version and this still happens, and it only happens on the task selection menu, the other menus that are similar to this one (the special tasks given by the other characters) don’t have this problem and this problem didn’t happen before.

this is what it looks like usually:

and this is on the task selection menu:

pardon my English and thanks for the help!

yuzu_log.txt (257.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 350             . HEAD-mainline-636-3178-gfbe541f97
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GT 710/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            446.14
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Try with rivatuner disabled, it may interfere.
Also, enable assembly shaders in the advanced graphics tab in configuration, it may help on kepler cards.

okay! I-ll try that and report later

okay, so I tried with rivatuner disabled and with Assembly Shaders enabled and now it runs slower, it says in yuzu that is 60fps and 16.6ms (I couldn’t take the screenshot) but it goes as slow as when opening the task menu with assembly shaders disabled, and opening the task menu makes yuzu freeze (if I don’t open it it will still freeze eventually)

this is the new log with assembly shaders enabled:

yuzu_log.txt (490.3 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 350             . HEAD-mainline-636-3178-gfbe541f97
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GT 710/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            446.14
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

My bet is that your GPU is too small for the job.

yeah it is small, but it only slows down on that menu and in the previous versions it wouldn’t do that , I literally used that menu a lot of times to accept tasks and it didn’t slow down until updating yuzu or following the bsod guide (I don’t really know wich one), what can this be besides gpu ? thanks in advance!