Randomized Pokemon Roms

Issue:
Hey, so i’ve been trying to work this out for a while, i can play my pokemon dumps (yes i own the games legally) just fine after dumping them to standard CIA files, but when i randomize them and go to install the CIA it finishes just fine and then says “Error while loading ROM! An unknown error has occurred. Please see the log for more details”. I would dump the games as a CXI file but you cant randomize it when its a CXI, so am i out of luck? Do i just have to use my 3DS?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: i7 7700k
  • GPU: GTX 1050ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly (HEAD-cf3ea85)
  • Game: Pokemon Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): https://gyazo.com/f3aa9f5c537cac716c4769013a8186d9

Log: citra_log.txt (3.6 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Looks like the ROM is corrupted. ROM hacking doesn’t really fall under Citra Support but there have been posts about randomizing CItra here. Try searching for it.

But, it works fine on my 3DS? Is it because i randomized the TM’s and stuff? You cant have the game update installed if you want randomized TM’s, and my game would crash on the 3DS without update data, cancelling out the randomized TM’s so the rom itself isnt corrupt. Im guessing i just either have to not randomize TM’s or just install update data on Citra but is that possible?

I think if you have a randomized game, you know to do that, if not, tell.

IDK if you need to do this for the ROM runs in 3DS, but for Citra, you need to erase one “.” (dot) in the code.bin file, can be found at the folder that you’ve extrated the ROM like this:

PackEnglishVX.X\PackHack\ExtractedExeFS, the tool are hackingtoolkit, after you extract the ROM, maybe don’t have any folder, it’s occures if you use a decrypted ROM, but IDK with a .CIA ROM it will occures, if don’t have any folder, download HakingToolKit3DS v5.6 and reinstall the software, when you found the folders, just go to “ExtractedExeFS” and look if the “code.bin” have a “.” at front, if have, erase, like this:

The folder:

File with “.” (dot) at front
explorer_2018-08-01_20-19-55

Just erase this
explorer_2018-08-01_20-20-11

Rebuild your ROM and test in Citra, I hope this can help you :smiley: :purple_heart:

Unknown Error upon loading my game file
Pokemon Ultra Moon Help
Citra closes after loading a modded decrypted ROM

My code.bin file doesn’t have an extra dot so thats not the issue, im aware of this happening for other people but it never happened for me, thanks for trying to help though.