Randomized Ultra Sun freezes when in menu/pc/battle

Issue:
I played about half of a randomized Pokémon Ultra Sun playthrough already without issue, but now when I go into my PC, or open the pokémon section of the menu, or start a battle, the game plays very very slow motion audio but the game is frozen. I’ve tried turning off Hardware shader, accurate multiplication, shader JIT, Disk Shader Cache and lowered the graphical settings as low as possible, but it still does it. Again, the game never had issues up until now, so I don’t know what’s causing it.

Edit: I also don’t have any cheats turned on.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 2080
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1766
  • Game: Pokémon Ultra Sun (Randomized)

Diagnostic Log

(Had to upload it to MEGA as uploading here kept giving an error)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

Please test this without the use of save states. They should not be used as a replacement for in-game saves or used when troubleshooting.
If the issue persists, please test if this also occurs on the base game, not randomised.

If after all that the issue carries on, upload another log file.

1 Like

Thanks, I loaded a save state, saved it using the in-game save, and restarted Citra. I loaded using the in-game save and things work fine now. I can go into the menus/PC/battle without it freezing. Is there a reason save states cause issues like that?