RE: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon "freezes" on startup loading screen

Issue :
When i boot up Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, it simply “freezes” on the first loading screen. When i disable hardware shaders, it does work, but it runs at 5-7 fps. Maybe at least there’s a build i can play it on? I’ll repost this if nobody responds. This is a problem and it needs to be fixed.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: unnecessary?
  • GPU: also unnecessary??
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1268
  • Game: Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): (they would just look like normal gameplay screenshots, so probably not necessary

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (32.0 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

‘gpu’ unnecessary? ‘cpu’ unnecessary? Why would you think these are unnecessary. Your lockup is because you have an outdated gpu that doesn’t perform the OpenGL functions citra is attempting to use. Luigi’s Mansion 2 functions, but will run slowly even on powerful hardware, due to some of the things the game does. There’s no ‘fix’, other then to have a better pc. Most likely, you have either an intel iGPU or an AMD dedicated card, both of which have problems with some of citra’s functions.

…i see. sorry about that.

Since this seems to not have a main solution I will try to give my own advice about this problem and the game in general.
The best settings to have the game on is the CPU clock speed at 25% under system and to fix lag problem stated before by checking the box below hardware shaders as it seems to fix the lag and crashing issue.
The game in general though is still somewhat laggy and pron to crashes. The best way to get around the random crashes is to use the save state and load state feature under the emulator as you play each level. You usually have around one mission to complete before the game crashes so restart after completing each stage. If the game crashes and you use a save state the game will though lag very hard but its better than losing your work.
The though so far to me is playable and so far in my progress (E-1) isn’t to bad. The only level that will somewhat be bugged is the infamous D-1 tight rope part, where the wind will blow your character. Unlike most when the tight rope usually is auto, you will have to hold down right for awhile moving a little left then release. Repeat this until you get across.
Best wishes, HeroGiant