Re : Monster Hunter 4 crashing :/

Issue: I have done a previous post, didn’t know if I should’ve updated the original post or not, so I created another one. Plus, I can only post 2 links in a post as I am a new user apparently so I copy/pasted the original post below.

Hello hello, so here’s my recent problem : I’ve downloaded Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate yesterday and it was working (well atlleast I could open the game and see the first cinematic, I haven’t actually played the game), I have seen on discord a cheat code that puts 3D off and that’s supposed to make the game run smoother or whatever, but it needs vers.1.1 of the game. I did my research and have downloaded the update, and while trying to use that update I have apparently done a mistake that might have affected citra’s files (?) and I can’t access the game anymore (???)
For clarification, I can still use citra, I actually have another game that I can still run without any complication, MH4U doesn’t even have an icon anymore and crashes instantly when trying to load it.
I doubt the problem does come from the .3ds file, since I had kept the crypted version of it and have decrypted it once again to find out it still doesn’t work. I have no understanding whatsoever of this issue and come here seeking for help :slight_smile:

So, the solution that was given to me was to dump my game correctly, which I did, but the problem still stands, neither of my versions of the game have an icon and citra crashes instantly when loading.
So once again, I’m helpless when it comes to this, so I’m turning to you guys :slight_smile:

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1399
  • Game: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

citra_log.txt (5.3 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1399 HEAD-01686f7
OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 -1

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Stick to your old thread: MH4U crashing 😕

alright :slight_smile: