Real mic input causes Canary to crash on OSX 10.14

Issue:
If I change the mic setting to real input, Citra immediately crashes as soon as it loads any screen that expects mic input. I’m not sure if this is related or not, but it’s the only clue I could come up with: The 10.13 -> 10.14 upgrade changed the security settings so that all apps are denied permission to things like camera and microphone until explicitly approved by the user through a dialog, and Citra doesn’t produce that dialog. I’ve tried looking for some other way to forcibly grant mic access but haven’t had any success.

System Information

• Operating System: OSX Mojave 10.14

• CPU: Intel Core i5 3.4GHz

• GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 560

• Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1258 (and all canary versions since mic was implemented)

• Game: Kaitou Joker: Toki wo Koeru Kaitou to Ushinawareta Houseki

• Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

citra_log.txt (16.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1258 HEAD-86891e1
OpenGL Vendor                                 ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               AMD Radeon Pro 560 OpenGL Engine
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

I’ve updated the mic code to no longer increase the volume of your mic (which was an attempt to head off issues where peoples mic was too low to get useful data from.)

please retest with canary 1260 or later to see if the problem persists. I added a little extra logging as well no to help catch future issues too.

Thank you for the response! Canary 1260 no longer crashes and creates the dialog that requests mic access, so the issue appears to be completely resolved. Thanks again! :smiley:

1 Like