Reproducing Smash Bros. headless Miis

Issue:
So in Super Smash Bros., I was getting the “invalid Mii” texture, which is a blank square with a red “no” sign over it, as seen in this thread:

This is okay because I actually want to have a headless Mii for some screenshotting purposes. I dumped the red “no” sign texture from SSB gameplay and replaced it with an invisible texture, but the blank square still remains. Again I tried dumping all the textures I could from SSB but couldn’t find one corresponding to that blank square, so I was stuck with this:
facetest2

I followed the “Dumping System Archives” guide at the thread linked above, and now, Miis work perfectly fine in SSB. I’m getting the full heads and faces with no errors.

What I am wondering is, what causes the “headless Mii glitch” without the blank square and “no” sign, as seen in threads such as these:

And how can I revert Citra to the state that causes that?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 Pro
  • CPU: Intel Core2 DUO @ 2.0GHz
  • GPU: umm…?
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1696
  • Game: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

After checking the dates of those posts I linked to, I tried using an older version of Citra with the Mii selector applet still stubbed. (I picked Nightly 1100)

This gives me the headless Mii, but there’s a different problem: Where are the screenshots being saved?? Configuration says the hotkey is Ctrl-P, but there’s no dialog box to select where they save.

Okay, I figured this out. Screenshot functionality wasn’t working despite having a hotkey. Citra Nightly 1134 seems to be the only version that has screenshots and doesn’t stub in “standard” Miis.