Running 3 games at the same time

Because… why not ?
Games I’m running:

• The Legend of Zelda: Ocaring of Time 3D
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe
  • Yoshi’s New Island

All games are running at 60 fps, at the same time, the only one with a few performance drops is the Yoshi’s New Island (going from 60 do 45 sometimes). All with scaled resolution (x4 native)

My specs:
Intel Core i3 3.1 GHz
4 GB RAM DDR3
GTS 450

3 Likes

Haha, that’s awesome!

1 Like

Those are all fairly lightweight games… but I’m still surprised with those specs!

2 Likes

Waouw ! How is this possible ? I tried that too and yeah
the fps are the same for all my games but how can you get 60 fps with that config ?
I think I have a better config (but I’m not sure) but I can’t have 60 fps : (

Can I get 60 fps with my config you think ?

AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.50GHz
8 Go RAM

Citra’s performance is dependent on your CPU’s per-core performance. If your CPU has 12 cores, versus lg_0’s dual/quad core CPU, it will more than likely outperform yours.

Thanks for your answer ^^

But I don’t understand. Does that means that my performance are not good because
there’s too much cores ? I have 4 cores and 4 thread. Also I noticed that citra run
faster with only gpu activate versus gpu + apu. Can I do something to gain speed ?

What they mean is that Citra’s performance is based purely on your per-core performance (clock rate * IPC). Since CPUs with more cores, from the same manufacturer, usually have a slightly lower clock rate ceiling (even though the total computing power is much higher). But it all depends on your specific CPU. In your case, you have an AMD CPU, which performs much worse than Intel CPUs generally, which is what @lg_0 has.

Ah ok. So it’s better for citra to have 1 or 2 fast processor than 4 slow ?
When do you think that citra will be capable to use multi cores ?
Thank you very much for your answers ^^

multicore support would require a huge change in the code, a change which is not favorable right now until the 3ds has been fully emulated and all of the bugs have been ironed out. so i won’t count on it coming anytime soon.

OK thank you ^^

So, I have a last question. I saw a PC and I would like to know if it’s worth it to invest. I don’t know all it’s config, sadly, but it’s a I7 vpro 3,4 ghz with 16Go of Ram.
Is it better for citra and for things like lightroom?

Thanks for your answers ^^

Please split this into your own topic.

Oh OK sorry. It’s just that I did not want to open a topic just for a question… But I understand. Sorry again.