Save file of Ultra Sun is crashed

I was playing Pokemon Ultra Sun last night. I cleared the Island Challenge of Akala Island and just arrived at the Ula’ula Island. When I walked out from the port, screen froze during the loading. I didn’t know what to do so I just did in-game save (because even though screen frozen, the control was worked). After that, I quitted Citra and turned it on.

The screen was glitching and soon, game froze.
I took out the save file, but it didn’t stop.

The screen glitch increased when I using high-resolution setting.

So, I uninstalled Citra and re-installed. Without the savefile game worked well, but when I apply my save file on the Citra, it crashes. Should I delete my savefile and reset the game?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Core 5 10th Gen
  • GPU: Intel UHD Graphics
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 1708
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

I think I don’t have log file of glitch because I deleted Citra and installed it again.

(I’m a foreign user of Citra so, there might be some grammar errors in the text)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I’m not sure what you want us to do about this. Without the log file of the crash/glitch, there’s no information to go off of to prevent this from happening again (if there’s a fixable issue that caused the problem in the first place for example). If the save file got corrupted somehow, it’s very likely just gone. You could try uploading your save file here so that I can test it out on my end, but I suspect it’s just going to crash.

Ok, I will share my savefile with Google drive but I think It might take least 20 min to upload the file. Sorry for bordering you.

Ah sorry, please never mind. I don’t know why but now, it works well. Sorry for bordering you.

Upload a log file please. Follow the bot’s link.

Hi, I had the same problem but playing Pokemon alpha sapphire instead. I am new to the community, so I am not sure if I should start a new thread or continue on this one.

But literally, the same happened. I was in Petalia’s Gym, and suddenly the game froze. I could still use the menu, “touch screen,” and even save game, which I did. When I quit the game and restart it, the glitch was still there, and now I can’t play anymore.

System Information

I will also attach the latest log file, but I have to say I’ve opened the game many times trying to fix the problem. it has been 2 days since the glitch happened.
citra_log.txt (126.1 KB)
citra_log.txt.old.txt (37.5 KB)

Thanks for your help!

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1708 HEAD-e7671d9
Operating System                              macOS 11.4
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7267U CPU @ 3.10GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.1
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) Iris(TM) Plus Graphics 650
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
  • Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.
  • You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.

I have applied all these suggestions but the game is still frozen when loading saved game. Is it possible to recover a previous save? I tend to save game regularly when i play.

Make sure to disable the cheats and restart the Citra program entirely afterwards. Otherwise the cheats remain active. If it still crashes again after that, please upload another log file.

I am afraid it didn’t fix the problem. I quit Citra and opened it again, after disabling cheats, but nothing happened. Here you have new copies of the log files.
citra_log.txt (39.4 KB)
citra_log.txt.old.txt (95.9 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1708 HEAD-e7671d9
Operating System                              macOS 11.4
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7267U CPU @ 3.10GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.1
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) Iris(TM) Plus Graphics 650
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.

V-sync option is too much for my labtop

The problem is most like this: The cheats created a glitch. You saved during that glitch (which is not really a smart thing to do for future reference), which means you saved the glitch alongside the rest of your progress. Meaning that after you removed the cause of the glitch (the cheats), you’re still stuck in the glitch. This is why you always need to be careful when using cheats. Stuff like this can and does happen. Make sure to back up your save files after every session to avoid loss of progress when using them.

For now though, unless you had a save state from before you encountered the glitch, your save file is gone. There’s nothing we can do about that.

Okay i see… so i believe my only option is restart the game right? In order to do that, how can i delete the saved game to start over?

Regarding cheats, it is the first time i use all these so i tried many stuff, i will have to be careful.

One last thing, are you able to see which version of the pokemon i am playing? I am not sure if it is last 1.4 update or a prior one.

If you can see it and it is not 1.4, could you explain me how to update a game on citra?

Many thanks for all your support!!!