Save getting reset

I was playing Pokemon Ultra Moon over the last few days. 2 days ago I saved at the beginning of route 2 I completed everything I needed for route to then saved so I could continue.

1 days ago (the next day) I start it back up and it brings me up to the save at the beginning of route 2. No big deal I thought that maybe I thought I saved but didn’t so I finished route 2 and saved right before verdant cave.

Today I start my game right before verdant cave, go in beat the totem pokemon. I then saved (saved twice actually) and started to leave the cave. During a random battle Citra crashed. No big deal I just saved. So when I start my game it brings up the save that I have from route that I did 2 days ago.

I could understand if it reverted to my last save or even the save from when I started today but why or how did it pull my save from 2 days ago.

Is there a way to get my last save back? I don’t mind from there again but I don’t want to keep doing it if it is going to revert to an old save several days later after multiple game saves.

System Information

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1414 HEAD-57199fd
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Right click the game in Citra and click “Open Save Data Location” if only one file is in there then I’m sorry you might not be able to get your save back. Additionally make sure the whole folder set isn’t marked as read only in Windows properties.

“C:\Users[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Citra\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS” shouldn’t be read only.

Hope this helps with future saving, if it doesn’t then please report back.