Save State and Load State Hotkeys Don't Work - Canary

Issue:

I update the Citra Canary build regularly as new versions come out. I am able to manually save and load states, by clicking emulation --> save state etc., but the hotkeys to save and load states have never worked. All other hotkeys are working. I’ve tried assigning different keys, but still the same problem every time - all hotkeys except for saving and loading states work.

This is the case across all games. There is no particular error message or log that would help. It simply doesn’t do anything at all when I press the assigned hotkey to save or load state.

Is anyone else having this problem? Don’t get me wrong, I am very grateful for being able to save and load states at all. But the hotkeys do not work, nor have they ever worked for me on previous versions; I have to ALT-tab from the game and manually click in order to save and load states. As of the time of this post, I am updated to Canary 1832.

I have looked into this topic before posting but I haven’t found any information online whatsoever about this particular problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I’m not able to replicate it. CTRL+C and CTRL+V to save and load respectively works for me. Tested on Canary 1832.

Unfortunately I don’t know much about the save states since I don’t use them myself. This issue seems new to me, usually most people with save states issues have been like “bad alloc” etc.

I had/have the same issue. Ctrl Q for quit citra wasn’t working either. the solution I’ve found is changing the emulator to single window mode, which makes all hotkeys (as far as I can tell) work in game

I know this is an old post but I’m having the same issue when not in “Single Window Mode”. Is there any way to use hotkeys when not in Single Window Mode? All other controls work fine. Thanks!