Saved on home screen over my latest save

I was going to load my latest save on Pokemon X but I was still on the choose language screen. My other saves are at the beginning of the game so anyway I could recover them? Please help!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

citra_log.txt (44.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1697 HEAD-b3cab3c
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor          
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce RTX 2070/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            457.30
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I’m sorry, but I’m not quite understanding what you mean by this:

Are you saying that your save states aren’t functioning correctly? Also, if those save states are just at the start of the language selection screen, why would you need to recover them?

Sorry what I meant is that I overwrote my latest save as I was on the main menu. Hope that’s clearer.

Ah, if you overwrote your save file, then the save progress you made up until that point is gone unfortunately. That’s why you always need to be careful when using save states. It’s also for this reason that we recommend using you in-game save files over save states when it comes to recording your progress. Save states are ideally only used within single gaming sessions.

Alright thanks for your time and sorry again for earlier lol.