Screen and FPS issues

Issue:
Hi all, when i start citra (both fc2f6a8/ed17c54) it appears the same old grey screen with the music that is out of time. I try to disable ‘‘enable hardware renderer’’ and the game starts but at so low FPS. I would know what i have to do to play, i read a lot of discussions and threads but i’m still having difficulties. Drivers are all updated
In the fc2f6a8 version it only appears that:
[ 14.627288] HW.GPU core\hw\gpu.cpp:MemoryFill:96: invalid start address 0x00000000
[ 14.628085] HW.GPU core\hw\gpu.cpp:MemoryFill:96: invalid start address 0x00000000

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel i5 2500 3.30 GHz
  • GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3870
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly HEAD-fc2f6a8/ Citra Nightly HEAD-ed17c54
  • Game: Pokemon Moon and Sun

There have been reports of Radeon HD cards producing the same grey screen. The solution was to get the Beta drivers.

I downloaded and installed both latest beta drivers and catalyst suite, now when i start citra the music issue seems to be fixed but i still see grey screens. Do i have to check some options in citra’s settings? Are the drivers compatible with windows 10, yes?

Yes, the drivers should be compatible with Windows 10.

Can you post a screenshot of your settings?

Sure! So, there are my graphics settings of the fc2f6a8 citra version, settings of the ed17c54 version are in the screenshot above as you can see

Do I have to use or open Catalyst Control Center or not? I can’t open it and i don’t know why, or uninstall and reinstall some drivers? But anyway, I’m still trying to play citra and i really can’t understand what’s wrong with it and what i have to do to fix it,

That doesn’t look like a supported version - are you sure you are using an official version of Citra?

Oh I think so, now I’ve downloaded and installed Citra Nightly HEAD-1300c96 from here: https://c***a-emu.org/download/ but still have the same issue: always grey screen. Speed ad 100% and 30 FPS. There are other versions as the Canary one and Bleeding Edge, are they unuseful for my issue or what?

According to some pages, your GPU (ATI Radeon HD 3870) supports exactly up to OpenGL 3.3, which is a hard requirement for Citra. The GPU might be missing on some functions that we use in the code. Not saying that the OpenGL requirement is now higher, but your GPU might be one of the cases where you have the requirement, but it’s still missing something.

Ouch, that’s a very bad news…
So you are telling me that i’ll never be able to play Pokemon on Citra with my current GPU or there’s something else i can do? Don’t want to accept it

Unfortunately, no, you need a new GPU.

Hi, I’m having pretty much the same issue.
System information
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with SP1
CPU: Intel Core I5-2500 at 3.30GHZ
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6570
Citra version (found in title bar): Citra Night | HEAD 7ef905e and Citra Canary | HEAD 8102cbf
Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Edit: Sorry if this may be a bit off-topic, I was experiencing the same issue as the original poster (but different game) so I decided to post here instead of starting a new topic.

As said before on this thread, update to the Beta drivers for your GPU.

Do I need to restart my computer after installing the driver? I just installed the beta of the driver and Citra nightly is still showing the black screen.
Update: I just restarted my PC, and the black screen still persists, both on the nightly and canary builds of Citra.

Can you give us the full log?

Where can I obtain the log?

The instructions are right here.

Here’s the log from Citra nightly build: https://pastebin.com/hjCK1KnY

[   9.459424] Service.FS <Warning> core/file_sys/ncch_container.cpp:ReadOverrideRomFS:377: File C:\Users\nut\AppData\Roaming/Citra/nand/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/0004009b/00010402/content/00000000.app.romfs overriding built-in RomFS
[   9.462421] Service.FS <Warning> core/file_sys/ncch_container.cpp:LoadOverrides:238: Loaded NCCH C:\Users\nut\AppData\Roaming/Citra/nand/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/0004009b/00010402/content/00000000.app is tainted, application behavior may not be as expected!

These two errors repeat over and over again. How did you dump the game?

The tainted message is normal. You can ignore it. Someone asked about this on discord.

shinyquagsire23: Tainted means the app has some sort of romfs/exefs override active
shinyquagsire23: Older system archive dumps have 00000000.app.romfs only, which alone is technically fine but realistically the entire archive should be present
shinyquagsire23: Though actually there probably should be changes to the system archive guides now that I think about it
shinyquagsire23: Maybe those changes should be saved for when there’s a Qt CIA installer, installing system archives as CIAs would be easier
shinyquagsire23: Well that’s why I put in backward compatiblity in the first place tbh
shinyquagsire23: It just has the side effects of that tainted message