Screen capture attempts cause instant crash on Citra Nightly 1803 & 1804

Issue:
Clicking “Capture Screenshot” (or the equivalent hotkey) in 1803 or 1804 immediately crashes Citra. This does not happen in 1779, which I still had the 7z for and tested it out just in case, so something changed between 1779 & 1803.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
  • GPU: GeForce RTX 3050
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1803 & 1804
  • Game: Various (Majora’s Mask 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, My Nintendo Picross: Twilight Princess and A Link Between Worlds tested)
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
    Can’t screenshot, window closes instantly on attempt.

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (10.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1804   HEAD-7801907
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics          | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           512.78
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

This also happened to me recently when trying to capture screenshots in Tomodachi Life

I cannot reproduce this on my end (tested using Pokemon Alpha Sapphire). Can you two confirm that this still occurs in the latest Citra Nightly?

It’s fixed. I finally found the github link (which was less trivial than it should have been - I ended up joining the Citra Discord just to get to the Citra Github), reported it there, and it was fixed quickly thereafter: "Capture Screenshot" broken since at least Nightly 1803 · Issue #6182 · citra-emu/citra · GitHub

It was? It’s linked pretty much everywhere but the forums if I recall correctly. Should be easily findable, even without going to the Discord server.

Yes, my bad. I realized this after I sent that message. Still, good to know that the issue has been resolved :+1:
Thanks for reporting!