Screen frozen games won’t start

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
My Citra won’t play any games it just gets stuck on a black screen whenever I try to play anything. It first started after I was changing some information in config to have the screens a specific size it was working fine then suddenly stopped.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 64
  • CPU: Intel i9-9900k
  • GPU: RTX 2070
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1827
  • Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296
citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

1 Like

The log file is incomplete. Make sure you follow the steps carefully:

1. Open Citra, then go to File>Open Citra Folder (Citra>Open Citra Folder if on MacOS) and open up the log folder. Now keep that open in the background.
  2. Launch your game and encounter the problem; crash/slowdown/glitch and close Citra if it doesn’t do so by itself. Do not restart Citra as that will wipe the log of important information!
  3. Now upload the log file in this chat.

citra_log.txt (20.8 KB)

Please try updating your GPU drivers to the latest available: GeForce Game Ready Driver | 528.02 | Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11 | NVIDIA

I updated it, it still isn’t working :frowning:

Do you have this accidentally checked?

No thats not enabled

Hmm, please upload a new log file.

citra_log.txt (20.8 KB)

Hmmm, just for sanity’s sake, right click on your game in Citra’s game list and select Disk Shader Cache, then select Delete OpenGL Shader Cache. Then try your game again.

If the same issue occurs, go to Emulation>Configuration>General and hit Reset All Settings. Then try your game again. If the issue still remains, upload a new log file.