Sd card problem on Dragon Quest VIII

Issue:
I can’t continue the story of the game because I must take a picture as a side quest, but I can’t save them beacause it says that there’s an issue with the SD Card.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10.1
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1210
  • Game: Dragon Quest VIII
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
    dq8

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (38.3 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

System Information for Support

Enable CPU JIT                                [x]
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  [ ]
LLE Audio Emulation Enabled                   [ ]
Use GDB Stub                                  [ ]
System Region                                 2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended for accurate emulation.

Have you set the region to match the game in Citra? For example if you have EUR version, set Citra to EUR.

Actually playing this right now, and I’m just a very little bit farther along. Not sure why you’re not able to take pictures, but it’s only a side quest and not required. As I said, I’m a little farther along, and I haven’t touched this side quest yet, other than receiving the first picture request. I have managed to take some pictures though (Since I’ve played the game before and knew what to take before I got to this point). You’re using version 1210 of Citra. Try a new version (I’m using Canary version 1222 from 25 February). Also, if the other two suggestions from above don’t work, check your anti malware/virus. Mine blocks apps (Including Citra) from making changes to the hard drive (Including saving the game) unless I go in and manually make an exception for the app

Update to my earlier response. Doing some of the picture challenges now, and not having any problem. I’m able to take the pictures and he accepts them. So it’s definitely your setup. I’d try a newer version of Citra, and try the suggestions above

Thank you so much mate, it worked! I downloaded Citra Canary 1230, and now I can continue the story