SD Card's 3000 Photo Limit

Issue: I have reached the 3000 in-game screenshots limit using the camera feature in Miitopia and Tomodachi life and thus cannot make any more screenshots. I cannot remove them as deleting the DCIM photos from the folder does not register as removing them from citra’s SD Card photos. I have found some messages on the citra Discord that the 3DS Camera App may be the solution- but I cannot open the 3DS Camera App as there is a fatal error when I try to run my dumped 3DS Camera cxi file. When I try to run the file by continuing, it claims to prepare the app eternally.

I have found a time consuming and very short term fix by deleting Miitopia photos one by one using the in-game album, but this is not ideal. Also, I cannot delete photos from Tomodachi Life as it refuses to open the in-game album for that game- which means while I can make some space- it will only be until I hit the max limit of 3000 photos overall and then have no way to fix the situation due to being unable to remove the photos anymore.

Tomodachi Life refusing to the open the in-game album.

Using citra’s screenshot feature is not efficient and is not acceptable for me as a solution as it requires me to name each file instead of just saving to a folder for later organisation- and for games like Tomodachi Life and Miitopia the interactions and dialogue is a blink and you miss it sort of thing so the in-game camera feature is important to have.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1588 HEAD-f4e727c
  • Game: Tomodachi Life, Miitopia, 3DS Camera
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

The 3DS Camera App fatal error log: citra_log.txt (43.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1588 HEAD-f4e727c
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            432.00
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from NVIDIA’s website. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
  • Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Try to delete the phtcache.bin at Citra\user\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS\Private\00020400\. That’s where all the information about the DCIM folder gets stored.

Worked like a charm from what I can see! I deleted all the folders in DCIM, deleted the phtcache.bin file, and then went into Miitopia to check the album since I wasn’t able to delete all of the photos in one sitting- and voilà! There are photos in the album anymore. Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

I tried that, but still this is the screen…
증거 5

Please, help me if there were any really smartest people… :frowning: