Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
- Operating System: Windows, 64 bit
- CPU: intel 17-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary (same problem in nightly)
- Game: Great Ace Attorney / Daigyakuten Saiban
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
I know the game is marked untested, however it used to run mostly fine, staying around 80-109% speed and not it barely runs, after returning some time later without touching or adding anything to the game or citra (besides updating it)
citra_log.txt (8.3 KB)
System Information for Support
OpenGL Vendor null
OpenGL Renderer null
OpenGL Version null
Enable Hardware Renderer [x]
Enable Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders null
Enable Shader JIT [ ]
Enable Vsync null
System Region -1
I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.
The game is probably doing a lot of format reinterpretations, see if using native 240p resolution “fixes” it. Seems to be fairly common in Capcom games.
The log gets cleared each time you open Citra so that’s why the bot reports a lot of null in your log above.
Yes! Looks like that was exactly it, back up to 109% instantly