Setting Affinity seems to help a lot with Multicore on for Pokemon Sword/Shield with crash issues

What I found out is that yuzu can’t handle hyperthreading that well. That’s why I recommend disabling hyperthreading in the bios. Also, “set affinity” helps a lot for stability with multicore on. Depending on your CPU (If you have 4 physical cores, so you only need to select CPU 0 to CPU 3).

The disadvantage
You have to set the affinity again every time you start yuzu.

I played pokemon sword and did 3-4 hour raids and not a single crash occurred. I stood in the same place for 1 hour afterwards and no crash happened there either.

I hope this information is helpful for the mods and also for the users who have problems with crashes

1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I got reports that gen 6 and 7 Intel CPUs have unstable HT implementations thanks to the microcode mitigations they have now, it could be maybe related to that.

1 Like

I suspect that too, with gen 6 and 7
Or this can also be Windows related and caused by Windows 10 itself 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803, 1909, 2004, 20H2 and 21H1. Windows 10 20H2 and 21H1 have been optimized for the latest generation of AMD and Intel CPUs and motherboards, maybe that’s why. The drivers for it too
Z170 or Z270 motherboards and the appropriate CPUs for these motherboards also run most stable even nowadays with Windows 7 and Windows 7 drivers because it has been optimized for them.

I can be wrong too, but it is possible