Several issues trying to start a new game

Recently downloaded Bravely Default and when I start the game the opening movie will either constantly stutter, or I’ll completely lose audio. Sometimes its either issue or one of them but I can’t seem to get it fixed. Occasionally I’ll get a black screen and have to restart.

Operating System: Windows 10
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU: Radeon RX 590
Citra Version: Citra Nightly 1678
Game: Bravely Default

citra_log.txt (489.2 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1678 HEAD-e33677b
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor           
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.1
Graphics Renderer                             Radeon RX 590 Series
GPU Driver Version                            20.12.1 27.20.14501.28009
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

Could you elaborate on this?

1 Like

You have downloaded it illegally, didn’t ya?

I uploaded the files to a mega before I sold my 3ds years ago. Is that not allowed? If not I’ll delete the thread or whatever I need to do. :confused:

It’s fine so long as you dumped your own games from a hacked 3ds back then and still own the original cartridges today. If so, be careful with your wording next time as ‘‘downloaded Bravely Default’’ is very easily interpreted as an act of piracy.

Your CPU Clock Speed is currently set to 15%. Which could definitely cause the instabilities you’re talking about. Make sure to turn this back to 100% and see if you still have the issues. If you still experience the issues, please upload another log file.

Ah that’s true. Thanks for the heads up. I only dumped a few games into the mega so it won’t be a problem in the future. At first I was having fps issues and lowering the clock speed seemed to fix that. So I’ll turn it back up and see if that helps or if anything else arises.