Hi. I use Yuzu for a long time now, and usually loading the shaders take between 5 and 10 seconds, but after the last update (Yuzu 950), the Shaders are taking 20+ seconds to load. I don’t know what happened. The games are running fine, but it takes quite a lot of time to load. Should I unistall and re-install Yuzu? Or wait for the next updates?
In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu
The GPU driver decides if a rebuild is needed, did you recently update drivers?
My drivers are updated to the latest version, and they were updated on 02/23/2022.
There’s the reason then, a new driver version may want to rebuild the cache if it thinks there are differences that should be considered.
I didn’t get it. So every single time that I reload the game it will “rebuild the cache”?
And this “rebuild of the cache” happens even with games that have 0 shaders? Because it’s happening even with games that had 0 cache.
How can I solve this?
Edit 1: Let me add one more thing: My driver was updated 1 month before the Yuzu update (950) that created this problem. I ask again: “How can I solve this?”
If you are loading a game with zero shaders built, it won’t take time to load.
Unless you’re trying to make yuzu load an old and outdated cache, it will have to invalidate each shader one at a time if that’s the case.
I think I didn’t explained well. My bad.
Let me explain exactly what I did. My Pokémon Shield was untouched, 0 shaders cache. I started playing it for a few hours to load a good cache. After doing that, every time that I load the game, it takes more time than the usual. It has approximately 3500 shaders, and it was supposed to take something between 2-5 seconds to load, but it’s taking 10 seconds. And this is happening with all the other games. Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Legends Arceus (it loaded between 5-10s, but now is 30s+), The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (usually took 15-30s and now 1min+), and so on. I hope I was more clear this time.
And I ask again. What can I do to solve this? Re-install Yuzu and play the games with no previous shader cache? (I’m saving my current caches if I need to start Yuzu from scratch, don’t know if it’s a good ideia).
Huh. Those load times are caused by the driver, it decides when to rebuild and when to accept a cache, we don’t have control over it.
Try reinstalling the GPU driver.
I did some things here and I’ll explain my steps and my results.
- I updated my yuzu to the 952 version and noticed that Pokémon Legends Arceus was lagging terribly in random moments (like opening the pause menu, or riding Wyrdeer). Didn’t tested other games.
- I decided to do what you suggested. I uninstalled and reinstalled my GPU drivers (my graphics card is a Radeon RX580), and tested the game. The long loading was still there and the lagging too.
- I decided to uninstall and reinstall yuzu and see if something different happened. I made a copy of my previous shader cache and pasted it on the fresh installation. I had the same result as above.
- I deleted that older shader cache and made a new one. Almost the same results. I noticed that the lagging was occurring much less.
- I messed with my graphics card software and ended up making the game look better. The long loading is still there, and the random lag too, but at least my game is looking really great!
I believe that the best thing to do is just delete the shader cache eventually, because that way, it will be smaller and will load a little bit faster, or less slower.
Such a weird issue… I can confirm that I have no issues with my cache on AMD GPUs.
Could you try a fresh Windows install?
Unfortunately I can’t. First of all because it’s a big headache, make copies of everything, disconnect my hds, reinstall everything… and I’m not in the mood to do that. Second of all I don’t have a pen drive with win11 yet, I need to make one. I can’t test this for you now.
I’ll just do as I said before, play it normally and when the cache gets too big, I’ll delete it.
But thanks for trying to help.
Edit 1: I just updated the game to the 953 version and the new shader cache seems to be loading really fast as it used to be. I tested the old one, but it’s loading slowly. I’ll see what happens on the next days and anything new I’ll bring here.