Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse HD Texture Pack

• This is a work in progress. Not everything is in HD yet.

• The texture pack is very plot-centered. What I mean is that almost if not all portraits and demons from the main story are in HD. However, stuff from sidequests and some demons are still in their original resolution.

• I did not upscale any texture applied to a 3D model, except those of 3D Demons.

• I used waifu2xcaffe to upscale the textures.

• Some textures (especially UI) come directly from kasaski’s Shin Megami Tensei IV HD Texture Pack, which you can find here. Huge thanks! Also thanks to my friend Mister-W who helped me removing some white backgrounds, and to everyone for the support! :wink:

• If you can find errors/texture I’ve missed/things that can be done a better way, feel free to tell me!

• Some textures have a resolution of 4096p, meaning you may need a strong PC to be able to use the texture pack. I will release a version with lower resolution just a bit later, though.

• Made with Citra Canary 1756. It may not work with other builds. (I tried with more recent builds and Dagda appeared in front of the Atlus logo during cutscenes, so not quite working as intended…!)

By the way, forgive me for my English, I’m doing my best, I’m not a native English speaker, sorry if I made some errors!

Download with Highest Resolution

Additionnal info:

• 01/31/2021: 1.0 Highest Resolution released
4 Likes

Based! Thanks so much for this!

1 Like

Congrats on the release aflunn! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love your work man. Are you planning to put any new update?

1 Like

Thank you! And yes, I’m planning on updating it as it’s incomplete right now, especially the Compendium. I don’t know when I’ll do it, though. I’ll probably work on it again starting mid-June as I’ll be on Holidays. After that, I think I may start other texture pack if I’m motivated enough. (I’m considering doing texture packs for the Digital Devil Saga duology; it shouldn’t take too long. I just need to make texture packs work on PCSX2.) I’ll post updates and new texture packs on Reddit and Discord!