Shin Megami Tensei IV suddenly appears much less smooth in animations, suspect lower framerate but cannot remember what it was before

Issue:
I am new to emulation but have been playing Shin Megami Tensei IV on Citra Nightly for the past few months and have over 40 hours logged so far. Then, suddenly, the other day the game started having noticeably less smooth animations. I updated to the newest version of Nightly and also downloaded the newest build of Canary and tried that as well. I also updated my Nvidia drivers and tried forcing Citra to use my integrated Intel GPU instead, and nothing has worked. My next idea is to try installing an earlier build and see if that fixes the issue, but I wanted to post here first and see if there are any other suggestions before I do so.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 11 Home

• CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2496 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

• GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

• Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1740 and Canary 2015

• Game: Shin Megami Tensei IV

• Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): Would not be useful

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

citra_log.txt (7.6 KB)

citra_log n.txt (21.2 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1740 HEAD-2670b95
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            497.29
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I’m not seeing anything in the log file popping out at me. Does this slowdown occur even after restarting Citra? Or only after playing for a while?

I have restarted Citra dozens of times since this started, and I ended up installing multiple older build versions of both Nightly and Canary going back to even before I started playing the game in the first place. Nothing has worked so far.

Start Citra, then go to File>Open Citra Folder. Then open up the shaders folder and delete the opengl folder found here. Now try seeing if the lag remains.

Just tried this, still no luck :frowning: