Shin Megami Tensei The Strange Journey Redux framerate drops by 50% in menu's

I’ve read on the compatibility page that this game does have this as an issue, but I was wondering is there anything known how to get that speed back? Game is playable fine overall, but was wondering if someone knows a solution.

System Information

• Windows 10 Pro x64
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX480 8 GByte GDDR5
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly #865
  • Game: SMT: The Strange Journey Redux
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): http://i63.tinypic.com/2wmgc29.jpg

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
<citra_log.txt (23.7 KB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

Playing around with some settings may yield different results, check/uncheck ‘Enable Hardware Shader’, check/uncheck ‘Accurate Multiplication’ and/or ‘Accurate Geometry Shader’

I did try that indeed, I’m not entirely a stranger to emulators, used pcsx2 for awhile, why I decided to ask it on the forum. I always try some stuff myself and if I can’t seem to solve it, it’s off to the forums :slight_smile:

So apparently this is still an issue, it doesn’t necessary make this game unplayable, but it is highly annoying to see and hear the speed drop from 30 flat to 15 fps. Nobody knows why this only happen in any sub menu? Main menu it’s fine, but if you go into Items, Equipment, Fusion or Mission menu the fps drop happens.

Submit your issue on (include OS, CPU, GPU, citra version, how to reproduce and log)