Simple problem, i want to play two different games of pokemon ultra moon

Issue:
basically i have one randomized version of pokemon ultra moon for youtube videos and another one for my own time that i just made but when i start the new one it has my save file from the old one, is there any way to do this? do i just take the extra data and put it into a different folder for safe keeping and swap them in and out when ever i switch games?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

The easiest way to acomplish this is by setting up a seperate portable Citra version (so that it has it’s own config and save files).
What OS are you using?

Im using Windows currently

Then to set up a portable build:
Download citra-windows-mingw-20210403-b3cab3c.7z (direct link) from Release nightly-1697 · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it using Winrar or 7zip. Put the extracted folder anywhere you want. Inside the extracted nightly-mingw folder, create a folder called user. Now run citra-qt.exe from the nightly-mingw folder and set up the game you want to run on this version. It should behave as if it’s the first time you launched it. If it didn’t, you did one of the steps wrong.
Now you should be able to use your regular Citra version for one of your game versions, and this portable build for the other.

it’s working now! thank you very much!

1 Like