Simpler Guide for Dumping 3DS Games?

Issue:
Hello Citra. I’m not the most tech-savvy person in the world and I have been wanting to dump my Ocarina of Time 3DS cartridge onto my computer for a very long time. I know you’re supposed to use programs like GodMode9 and boot9strap but I’m very overwhelmed with the process of installing these applications. I was wondering if you know of a simpler guide or any alternative methods to get Ocarina of Time 3ds onto my computer just so I could record a few clips for a YouTube vid I’ve been dreaming to do. I’d really appreciate any of your assistance! Thank you!

System Information

• Operating System: Windows, Alienware
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1757
  • Game: Ocarina of Time 3DS
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

No need to be overwhelmed. Our dumping guides themselves are just instructions on how to use the dumping homebrew (Godmode9) on your 3DS to dump your games. The steps you need to take in order to get Godmode9 installed on your 3DS are a bit more numerous, but it’s definitely not difficult nowadays. I’ve seen people with the attention span of a literal goldfish successfully hack their 3DS and install homebrew on it.

To hack your 3DS (which will set you up with everything you need for our dumping guides, including the dumping homebrew, Godmode9), please use this guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/
The guide holds you hand every step of the way, but if you run into any issues or something you don’t understand, fear not. There is an entire discord server dedicated to helping people with their hacking endeavors: Nintendo Homebrew
They can help you through all the steps of the guide. After you’re done with that guide, our game dumping guides are elementary but you’re free to ask for help with them here or on our discord server.

Thank you very much for your detailed response and reassurance! While my profile fits my attention span well, I will definitely try following the guide once more and it’s helpful to know there is a place to reach out whenever a step seems daunting. Though since I am a visual learner, is it possible for any YouTube or video tutorials?

I sincerely thank you for all your help and please take care!

Hacking being what it is, video guides are highly discouraged as they almost always contain outdated information since they usually don’t bother updating them after the first release.

The written guide I linked is kept up to date, not to mention the support server being able to guide you through it if need be. Maybe at some point in the future, when the 3DS is completely cycled out in terms of online stuff, a definitive video guide could be made, but that won’t be happening for a good long while yet.

I see, that’s totally understandable. Thanks so much for all your help again!

1 Like