Slow in the citra emulator

Issue:
I have a problem as I can be more fluid in the citra emulator because I emulate any game and it runs very slow, can you solve that problem for me please

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel core i3-7020U
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): citra canary 1808
  • Game:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (6.4 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel core i3-7020U
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): citra canary 1808
  • Game:Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
  • OpenGL Ver:???
  • GPU Ver:???
  • Use Disk Shader Cache:true
    I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

plz send screenshot plz

It looks like you accidentally reopened Citra before uploading the log. The log gets cleared every time you open Citra. Have the log folder open in the background first before closing Citra then immediately upload a new log

citra_log.txt (6.4 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Do these steps to make sure it catches the issue:

1. Open Citra then File->Open Citra Folder then log folder (keep this open in the background, do not close the folder).
  2. Start the game, then close Citra after you reach the screen where it is slow and don’t reopen Citra or the log gets cleared so you have to do it again.
  3. Reupload the log here.

The speed of the games is slow for me, because I use AMD But the main reason for this is not AMD

Citra has simple settings, and does not allow like other Emulators For more precise settings, even older Emulators like PS2 have these features (like the image)

Thanks to the efforts of the Citra team, although I can not play
2020-07-14_141402

Well other emulators have been developed for longer, like two decades so naturally they will run better, they are also emulating older systems like you mentioned PS2 which came out 20 years ago while the 3DS has “only” been out for 9 years. 3DS also has an obscure GPU called PICA200 which is very difficult to emulate.

Since you mentioned you have AMD, you can try dual boot Linux (e.g Ubuntu) for a performance boost. I know one user that recently boosted their performance in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate by 2x going from Windows 10 to Ubuntu 20.04, from 30fps to 60fps on Ryzen 3 2200G using its integrated graphics.

1 Like

citra_log.txt (21.2 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1829 HEAD-6c7a01c
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
GPU Driver Version                            27.20.100.8280
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]