Slowly Emulation in AMD AM3+ machines

Issue:
Hi!
It is the first time that I am testing this emulator. My PC, as you can see in the specifications, is not a good PC. But I can run the following games on it: Resident Evil 2 Remake, with almost everything on High, Marvel VS Capcom Infinite on High, GTA V, with almost everything on High. The CEMU and RCPS3 emulators also run at 60 FPS. I made changes to the DDR3 memories I own. Two 8GB, but one is 600 MHz and the other is 800 MHz. I changed the working frequency in the BIOS to 800 MHz. HT Link, to 2600 MHz and the CPU NB / Frequency to 2400 MHz. I didn’t change the clock because of BSOD. My Clock is 4.0 GHz.

My problems occur in both versions: Canary and Nightly

I understand that the 3DS is a very advanced console. But, I find it strange that the playable games are slow, the audio is bad and other things. The only game that runs without crashes is Final Fantasy Explorers. Mario and Luigi Dream Team and Mario Kart 7, run with problems. I haven’t tested other games. Would it be an Issue regarding AMD computers? I see some people play smoothly with old generation I5 processors.

There is a version of Patreon for AMD computers that works better?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits

• CPU: AMD FX 8350 at 4.0 GHz ( Normal Clock)

• GPU: Radeon RX 460 2GB GDDR5 (Normal Clock)

• Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1554 and Canary 1773

• Games: Mario and Luigi Dream Team & Mario Kart 7

• Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): None - Issue about speed

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (62.6 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1773 HEAD-d299355
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor           
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.1
Graphics Renderer                             Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics
GPU Driver Version                            20.5.1 27.20.1017.1011
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

Can’t really do much with Radeon on Windows to increase OpenGL performance. If you want more performance you can try dual boot Linux (e.g Ubuntu).

1 Like

Understood. I’ll try. Thank you!

1 Like