Smash 3DS Controls Changing Lockup

Is there anyway how you change your in-game controls in Smash 3DS on Citra?
Because when I tried going to “Controls” in the game settings, it just locks up forever on the loading screen.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Start Citra, then go to `Emulation>Configuration>Controls.

I don’t mean emulation controls, I mean things such as Tap/Stick Jump along with specific Smash control setup

I stumbled upon this issue just now. The ingame controls menu seems to hang during loading. I read somewhere else that some characters refuse to load, with Mario being one of them. Removing the update and dlc data seems to fix the issue, none of the threads I’ve read have come up with solutions. It seems the 1.1.7 update data just breaks something…

If I recall correctly, the issue you’re describing occurs due to badly dumped files (usually the DLC). Try redumping your update and DLC after updating GM9 to the latest version available using our guide:

Unfortunately my 3DS battery died but I’m working on on finding a new one so I can dump them… I’ll try to find one and come back to report whether or not dumping properly actually worked.