Smash 3DS Infinite Loading Screen

Smash loads infinitely when choosing characters like Mario.

System Information
Windows 10
i7-4790
Canary
Smash 3DS

citra_log.txt (786.4 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1926 HEAD-9b29fa3
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            460.89
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

This usually happens due to a corrupt update or DLC. You should delete those and redump them, make sure godmode9 is updated because older versions dumped DLC incorrectly.

Could the game file itself be the problem? Also, how do I delete updates and dlc?

You can right click on the game in Citra (assuming you added a game folder). Then pick Open Update Data Location (if you can’t choose it then you do not have the update installed).
Close Citra, then go up a few until you reach 0004000e folder and delete the folder with the game’s ID, e.g EU version is 000ee000.

For DLC, go up a few levels to title folder and open 0004008c. This is the DLC folder, it’s the same here, delete the folder with the game’s ID to delete the DLC.

If you think it is then you can redump it as well using the guides below (make sure you have at least 1.5GB free space on your Nintendo 3DS’s SD card):

Do i delete the entire 0004008c folder?

No, just the folder for the game. However if that is the only game with DLC that you have then you could.

which one of the folders is it?

Also, can it just be caused by the emulator and not the files?

I explained in a previous post in good detail where I used the EUR version as the example since it is the one I have :stuck_out_tongue: According to http://www.3dsdb.com/ the US version is 000edf00 if that is the one you have.

I have seen this issue been reported by other users before and it was usually caused by corrupted DLC. I have included update as well just in case.

Ok i deleted both 00edf00 and 00ee00 for them. Is that right? I get back to you if it works.

Do you have both EUR & US version? :thinking: well fair enough if you bought both.

Sure.

No I only got the US version but 00ee00 was still in there? IDK.

It might of been for file fixes that I downloaded for smash.

Some people have said that the loading screen is caused by the update and dlc, even clean ones.

It is working fine for me (EUR version):

I have v1.1.7 and some DLC installed.

is it the european version or usa version

US version should work as well though.

Is that better?

Below comment

That would warrant a report to https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues, but it is best to have someone else test as well to truly confirm that is the case so it can be properly documented.