Smash 3DS instantly crashes upon loading shaders

Issue:
My game instantly crashes when trying to load shaders and doesn’t go past 0. it was working yesterday and it only affects Smash as I am able to play other games that have smaller shader caches like Phoenix Wright.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home Insider Edition
  • CPU: Intel i5 1035G1
  • GPU: Intel UHD Graphics
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 1841 and Nightly 1610
  • Game: Smash 3DS
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296citra_log.txt (4.5 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Hi, try this:

1. Open Citra then go to File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder if it is there.
  3. Emulation->Configure... then click on Graphics on the left
  4. Click on the Advanced tab and turn on Accurate Multiplication

The Disk Shader Cache currently has a bug when Accurate Multiplication is turned off causing it to load all shaders slowly from zero every time you start the game and makes the precompiled cache extrememly large + the RAM usage skyrockets until you crash.

Thanks, it worked however, now at the start of every match, there is a moment where the game stutters. Not sure if it is because of updates or because of accurate multiplication.

If you recently cleared the shader cache, give Citra a moment to rebuild it and it should get better. Citra is not perfect, I still have hiccups here and there on i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz with a GTX 1070.

Haven’t cleared my shaders ever but can understand how Citra is still somewhat buggy.

Oh you didn’t do step 1 & 2 above? You should so that the cache can be rebuilt correctly from scratch due to the bug. Double check that Accurate Multiplication is turned on.