SMT 4:Apocalypse Save Transfer Issue

Issue:
I just completed Shin Megami Tensei 4 on Citra. And when i want to transfer save files to SMT 4:Apocalypse, game recognizes saves and proceeds. But at the end of the transferring, game says “The game will now restart” and freezes like in the photo. Any help will be appreciated.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042)

• CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 3558U @ 1.70GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz

• GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics

• Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 2009

• Game: Shin Megami Tensei 4: Apocalypse

• Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (94.5 KB)

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Canary 2009   HEAD-3565e9d
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Pentium(R) 3558U @ 1.70GHz
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            Intel(R) HD Graphics
GPU Driver Version                           20.19.15.4835
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. Support for Intel® Graphics
  • Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.
  • The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.

This driver is out of date. To update, download win64_15.40.5171.zip from Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]
Mirror download: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/30196/a08/win64_15.40.5171.zip

Then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

Furthermore, because your iGPU has driver bugs, you’ll need to disable Accurate Multiplication in Emulation>Configuratrion>Graphics>Advanced tab to prevent graphical issues from occuring.

Lastly, you should set the CPU Clock Speed back to 100%. Underclocking and overclocking are inherently unstable, hence you shouldn’t touch these sliders when troubleshooting.

Thank you for your help. I did everything you say but game still doesn’t seem to be responding after “the game will now restart” message. It just freezes. When i restart the game after that nothing seems to be happened.

Hey. Do you mind sharing your Citra save file for the SMT 4 apocalypse? Mine got corrupted. I can check this as well.

I’ve experienced the same problem/freeze but the save data bonuses from SMT 4 do carry over.