SMT V Cutscene Bug on AMD Cards

Shin Megami Tensei 5 runs butter smooth on vulcan with an AMD card…

BUT using Vulcan, while in cutscenes, seems to cause some weird white squares to flicker on the nearest to the camera object, using OpenGL solves the problem but the game is running at 14-15 FPS

Here’s a Screenshot of the issue - Screenshot-2021-11-20-202421 — ImgBB

It’s not the end of the world, I was just wondering if its a known problem and could somehow be fixed?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

This is a somewhat common issue on AMD RDNA cards. For now the only solution I know is to use a Linux distro and take advantage of the mesa drivers.

Is there a way i can use a Linux distro on my current windows without reinstalling ? Would you recommend a specific distro?

You can dual boot if you partition the drive correctly.
I recommend either an Arch based distro like Manjaro, or Fedora. No extra work to get up to date packages unlike Ubuntu and derivates.

Well i managed to run it on a Mint and using Vulcan problem still persists, openGL had like 6-8FPS more than on windows. I guess i will stick to Vulcan for that 60+FPS untill there’s a fix.