Smtiv android camera mapping issue

Hey all! I have a question that might seem weird but I’ll try to make sense of it. Please tell me it is too niche of a request.

So I play Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse on my pc using an Xbox one controller. The way the game is set up is there are 3d “open world” like sections, that leads into 2d rgp turned based battle sections. During the 3d sections, the original game mapped the camera to the Land R buttons. Using Citra on pc, I mapped Land R to the right stick. Push the stick right, the camera goes right. Push the same stick left, the camera goes left.

Here’s where my issue is. I just moved all of my stuff to my cell phone and it was working OK. When I tried to map it to the right thumbstick on the same controller, I’m only able to map to either one axis or the other. So when I’m in game and want to move the camera around, i would push the stick right, the camera goes right. Push the same stick left, the camera goes right. So no matter which way I pushed the right thumbstick the camera only whent right.

Is there a work around so that instead having the option of mapping to 2 axis, I could map to 4 axis on the thumbstck?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.