Soft Reset Issues (Pokémon)

Issue:
In the main series Pokémon titles, the games include a Soft Reset feature designed to allow players easy of attempting repeated encounters of 1 time events easily. I have been operating the Nightly build of Citra for months so I know the issue has been present in all the nightly builds since at least January 2019. The issue that I am reporting on is for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon but I assume due to the nature of the issue extends to the entire series of games.

Citra will crash if a user repeatedly uses the Soft Reset feature. With a is a huge element of playing the games. There is likely a memory issue resulting from the Soft Reset calling for a reset function not fully coded into Citra.

I assume at this point, the Citra team is aware of this. I am reporting this because I encountered a new sub-error. During a 3 hour play-time, I had Soft-Reset a few times. Somehow, the Soft Reset created an error in memory resulting in the game’s Adrenaline Orb to have no effect - disabling one of the game’s most important features - SOS Chaining.

I had to close the Citra program to clear out the memory bug. However this is a sign that there’s a major oversight in the Ctira program for compatibility with the Pokémon titles Soft Reset mechanic which is huge. Plus for streamers, the Citra Reset resetting the entire window and screen resolution vs just the game is not good.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: i7-8700K
  • GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1258
  • Game: Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Did you use a previous build on which this issue didn’t occur?
Do some testing, reproduce these issues and upload your log afterwards.