[SOLVED]Pokemon Omega Ruby freezes when going near norman

Issue:
When I get near norman during the beginning of the game, the game will either freeze or play the cutscene then teleport me as normal but I will be behind norman and initiating talk with him will cause the game to also freeze

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit
  • CPU: I7 8565
  • GPU: intel UHD 620
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1536
  • Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Core.Cheats core/cheats/gateway_cheat.cpp:SetEnabled:425: Cheats enabled. This might lead to weird behaviour or crashes

Try turn off the cheats, you have some memory read/write errors which typically happen with cheats.

You should update the drivers as well: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29554/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=149091

Lastly do this:

1. File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder if it’s there.
  3. Emulation->Configure... then click on Graphics on the left
  4. Click on the Advanced tab and turn on Accurate Multiplication

The Disk Shader Cache currently has a bug when Accurate Multiplication is turned off causing it to load all shaders slowly from zero every time you start the game and makes the precompiled cache extrememly large + the RAM usage skyrockets until you crash.

Well turning off cheats did it, thank you!

1 Like