Some questions about the Yuzu Quickstart Guide

Hello all. I just got an unpatched switch on ebay, its pretty dinged up, but I got it at a good price. I do have a v2 switch, but I wanted a v1 to use to dump cartridges and digital purchases. I havent connected it to wifi yet or signed in with my nintendo account. The firmware is 13.2.1.

I guess I’m wondering where to start exactly. I have a rcm loader and jig, but in looking at the yuzu quickstart guide, it doesnt mentioned the rcm loader, but you do everything from the pc. Is the rcm loader just a substitute for an android phone or pc to boot into recovery mode?

Also, in the guide, it mentions backing up the nand, but doesn’t mention using emunand. Would I be doing something bad here by not using emunand? Like is it safe for me to dump my library, then at another time, download a future digital purchase and dump that too? Am I risking any ban? Really, I just want to use this switch to dump games for use on yuzu. Future games, like Mario Strikers, I’ll probably purchase on cartridge, but for something like the Mario Kart 8 dlc, that will be digital. I just want to be sure I dont mess anything up for online services. Again, online access for me is just to get the purchased game, not playing online, I have the v2 switch for that.

I know I have more questions, but thats it for now, thank you!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

The TegraRCMGUI app is needed to inject the required payload in RCM mode to access either emunand, or dump keys and games.

We don’t make using emunand mandatory in the guide, but if you want to use it, it’s totally safe to install, update and download games, and compete online, here’s a guide for it: Getting Started - NH Switch Guide

Here’s a list of what’s known to be a ban risk.