Speed is bad ui omg yo

bad ui cant belivesa

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

It should be self explanatory but I can try explain.

The “emulation speed” is the primary emulation speed, you typically want this set to 100%. “alternative speed” is the secondary speed which would activate when you check the box next to it. You can toggle on/off with CTRL+Z by default.

Before this change when there was only one slider, you wouldn’t be able to play at 100% speed and then play at just ~2x speed as it would unthrottle instead, making it maybe 10x speed (depending on the game and your processor) which would be too fast for most people. Now you can cap that secondary speed so it wouldn’t be too fast.

when you ‘hover over’ those options, it should tell you what it does like they do in good computer games, im guessing you’ve played good games

nothing in the universe is ‘self explanatory’ - things either have good ux / ui or they dont and are poorly designed

so “alternative speed” sounds like a ‘max/cap speed’ ?? this is very confusing
there are no commonly used software apps that has 2 speed sliders, that makes no sense

is “alternative speed” the main speed slider ??..

like on windows 10 there’s a main volume slider - that’s the main one
the youtube volume is a sub-volume under the windows volume silder

is “alternative speed” like the youtube volume? that it’s not the main silder ??

Yes, when I explained emulation speed being the “primary emulation speed”, that is the “main slider” while “alternative speed” is the “sub slider” (like the YouTube volume slider in Windows that you brought up).

I guess you would prefer that Citra should have a fixed 100% emulation speed by default that you don’t change and only have one slider to change the cap with. I think PPSSPP does this, though they have two different alternative speed settings on top of that:

You can read about the change here: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/11187 which was suggested by: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7981