Starting a randomized save on Alpha Sapphire

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
So I’ve been playing the normal version of Alpha Sapphire and decided I wanted to try a randomized nuzlocke of the game. I followed all the steps to make a new randomized AS rom and loaded it in. But when i opened it in Citra, it went to my save from my original playthrough. Isn’t it supposed to be a seperate rom where I can start the game fresh? I also tried the button combination in the title screen to remove my progress, but that is not working either. Could someone please help me with this issue?
Thanks in advance!

System Information

• Operating System:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1770
  • Game: Alpha Sapphire
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

It is just an edited version of the same rom, so the game will try to use the same save file.
To get around this, you can create a portable version of Citra if you don’t want to lose your other save file.

Go to Download Citra - Citra and select Manual download. Then under Nightly Build , click on your operating system’s icon to the right of the latest build available to download the build.
Extract it (.7z can be extracted using Winrar or 7zip) and put it where ever you wish. Inside the extracted nightly-mingw folder, create a folder called user.
This Citra should now store all of its config, save files and such inside of this user folder.
Check to make sure that this user folder is in the same folder that contains citra-qt(.exe).
Now run the citra-qt executable found inside of the mingw folder and run your game.