Steam Broadcast not working properly

##Issue:
When adding Citra to Steam and trying to broadcast it, only the audio is broadcasted, while video is not.

I have tried the following methods of adding Citra to Steam:
(all methods had “Start In” set as “C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\citra”)

"C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\citra\Update.exe" --processStart "updater.exe"
"C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\citra\Update.exe" --processStart=citra-qt.exe
"C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\citra\app-0.1.380\citra-qt.exe"

I have also tried starting the game automatically with Citra:

"C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\citra\Update.exe" --processStart=citra-qt.exe "-a=\"C:\Users\User\Path\To\Game.3ds""
"C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\citra\app-0.1.380\citra-qt.exe" "C:\Users\User\Path\To\Game.3ds"

While all of these methods launched Citra properly, and the Steam overlay worked, in all cases only audio was broadcasted and video was not. The only way to get Steam to broadcast the video too was to check “Record video from all applications on this machine”, however that is not ideal.

I’m not sure if this is a Citra or Steam issue, but the likelihood of getting this resolved is much higher by posting here than on the Steam “support” forums.

Thanks in advance!

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Creators Update
  • CPU: Intel i7-4710HQ
  • GPU: Nvidia 860m
  • Citra Version: 8658bb7 (BE 380)

Update:
I’ve tried broadcasting with hardware video decoding both enabled and disabled, but to no avail. I’ve also tried disabling Single Window Mode in Citra and oddly enough the Steam overlay still renders properly over the game, but broadcasting still doesn’t show video.

Out of curiosity, does it do the same with the SDL frontend?

What would that be, the Qt menu and game list?

Nothing to do with Qt. It is the “citra.exe” executable, rather then “citra-qt.exe”.

Added the following shortcut to Steam and launched:

"C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\citra\app-0.1.380\citra.exe" "C:\Users\User\Path\To\Game.3ds"

Still the same issue; audio, but no video. Steam overlay is still working properly.

Yeah, Steam likely expects an application which is fullscreen then.

Just tested with Dolphin, and it broadcasts properly even before launching a game. However it breaks when launching a game unless “Render to Main window” is checked, in which case it streams the game perfectly, windowed or fullscreened.