Steam shortcut issues

Hi,
Just download citra today, and I’m trying to set it up on Steam as per this tutorial

I’m running into problems, I have both Edge and Nightly installed on my computer so that may be causing issues. The tutorial is designed for Edge so that’s what opens when I put the command into Windows Run, through windows run it opens but with “The ROM format is not supported.” and the console log reads:

[ 0.000000] Frontend citra_qt\main.cpp:BootGame:382: Citra starting…
[ 0.188113] Loader core\loader\loader.cpp:GetLoader:126: Failed to load file C:\Users\Mason\Documents\Citra\RHPC.3dsÔÇØ
[ 0.188567] Core core\core.cpp:Load:74: Failed to obtain loader for C:\Users\Mason\Documents\Citra\RHPC.3dsÔÇØ!
[ 0.188662] Frontend citra_qt\main.cpp:LoadROM:327: Failed to obtain loader for C:\Users\Mason\Documents\Citra\RHPC.3dsÔÇØ!

running through Steam simply says that it failed to launch.

The issue seems similar to this post but it has different error codes after the first one and the solutions haven’t fixed my problem.

Thanks in advance for anyone who even gives this a look.

Bleeding Edge is discontinued and shouldn’t be used anymore. Please get the latest Canary release through the installer and type this command into target path:
"C:\Users\Mason\AppData\Local\Citra\canary-mingw\citra-qt.exe" "C:\Users\Mason\Documents\Citra\RHPC.3ds"

Thanks, that works perfectly through Windows Run. Steam is still saying it is failing to launch; any ideas?
Target is now: “C:\Users\Mason\AppData\Local\Citra\canary-mingw\citra-qt.exe” “C:\Users\Mason\Documents\Citra\RHPC.3ds”
and start in: “C:\Users\Mason\AppData\Local\citra”

Last 3 characters have something to do with this, imo. Try renaming it & change the extension to .3ds?

Creating a game shortcut for Steam

I’m having a similar issue here with the latest Canary installed via .exe,trying to launch a game directly from the Steam link.I did the same as Shanny above but Steam only opens the emulator and then a ‘The ROM format is not supported’ window pops up.Have to double-click the game then for it to launch.The “C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Citra\canary-mingw\citra-qt.exe” “the exact location to the ROM file” command is not working to launch the game.Any way to fix this? Would be cool to be able to launch the game directly with the newer versions of Citra

If you’re on Windows, then you can set all .3ds ROMs to open in Citra by default. Best that you can do.

Yup,that’s what i did.Gonna keep using steam link though,if only just for the screenshots and extra options.Thanks for the reply,i’ll be watching these forums for more news