Story of Seasons 3DS - Black out

Blackout after trying to start the game from the menu:
It started this night, and after the recent update I could not load up my game from the menu. When I try to load it up I hear the menu theme and the screen goes black. I tried to reload a few times and only once has it worked. After saving and trying to reload again the same issue happens to the point where it crashed and froze my laptop for a while. The game works fine when I use the save states, but loading the first game file from the menu doesn’t work.

System Information

• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-8130U
  • GPU: Intel® UHD Graphics 620
  • Citra Version (found in the title bar): Citra Nightly 1554
  • Game: Story of Seasons 3DS
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including title bar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Cheats enabled. This might lead to weird behaviour or crashes

Try turn off the cheats.

GPU Driver Version: Build 26.20.100.7262

This driver is outdated, you need to update.

Download and install igfx_win10_100.8280.exe from: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29616/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=137977
direct link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29616/a08/igfx_win10_100.8280.exe

Also do this:

1. File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder (if it’s there)
  3. Emulation->Configure... then click on Graphics on the left
  4. Turn on Disk Shader Cache

The Disk Shader Cache currently has a bug when Accurate Multiplication is turned off causing it to load all shaders slowly from zero every time you start the game and makes the precompiled cache extrememly large + the RAM usage skyrockets until you crash. Keep Accurate Multiplication turned on.

Thank you for the kind reply.
I did everything and it still black after trying to load the game with the menu music playing.

Ok, upload a new log please :slight_smile: I guess you need Google Drive again.

Try redump the game using the guides below:

You might need to dump the system files as well:

Thank you again for still trying to help me. I can’t use any of the method because my 3ds no longer works… Is there another way or should I just try to restart a new game?

You might run into the same problem eventually but yeah you can try that.

This is going to suck, but thanks, in the event it happens again should I just delete and re download or just not touch it again?

Well you would need a 3DS to redownload from the Nintendo eShop so you can’t do that until you get a new 3DS :stuck_out_tongue: If you were thinking of something else than that would be illegal.

I was thinking of using the SD card but i wouldn’t remember how to do it since my memories are horrid lol.
Thank you so much for trying to help me again.

1 Like