Stuck at terminal page ( mac )

I was using Citra Nightly when I ran the update. I downloaded Citra for the first time a couple days ago on 9/19 and it ran great up until I updated it on 9/21. I played Pokemon Moon for about an hour on 9/21 before updating Citra when prompted. It was only after the update that it would get stuck at the terminal with the same message Vilepix is getting.

Yeah I remember getting an update and it happened after the update

1 Like

Then download nightly 977 or bellow, extract to a folder and test it:

That worked. Thanks for your help.

But now I’m curious why the updated version wouldn’t work and how many people it doesn’t work for…

a few apparently, i never had this problem because i just download and extract, both latest nightly and canary are working (as always), these update issue threads pop up every once in a while, usually restarting the computer and uninstalling/reinstalling citra should fix the problem.

Hello, I’m new to using Citra and just downloaded + installed it.

I’m using mac pro OS Sierra 10.12.6 (2.2GHz intel core i7, 16GB, 1600MHz DDR3)
the Citra version is probably the latest one (by 5-6th feb 2019) since it was auto detected and i just downloaded it right away.

I occured the same problem after I open the citra-qt. I tried both the canary and nightly version but both stuck at the terminals.
I also tried downloading other versions, but still stuck at terminals.
Unlike the others, I could not even open it once at all.
I tried downloading the nightly-997, 995, and 993 too but still can’t open it.

Please, is there a way to use Citra? I’d really like to play some 3ds game on my mac.

Thank you very much.

update your mac os. btw the older citra version that may work is nightly-976.

1 Like

oh, does it require High Sierra to be able to use Citra? Even the nightly-976 one?
Because I haven’t updated my OS yet and tried nightly-976 but it still could not work.

Thank you for the response :slight_smile:

well, some users reported that nightly 976 was working on 10.12.6…

ideally you would want the latest mac os update available as older updates may not run the latest citra builds.

Hello, I tried to re-download and it finally can be opened.’
The Nightly-976 without me even needing to update my OS.

However, I encountered new problems…
I was trying the harvest moon a new beginning, it opens up quite laggy at first but it works fine.
Then, when i touched the screen to start a new game it became laggy again and then, until I create my character, when I’m trying to put the character’s name, it shows a pop up box for entering name.
But, after I hit OK, the screen lagged out and it stuck.

Thank you very much.

(should I bring this to a new topic btw? Sorry and thank you)

Older citra builds are unsupported since they lack the latest updates but this particular bug still occurs on the latest citra builds, its a known issue.

some users reported that using the LLE keyboard works, dump it from your 3DS and install it on citra.

Ah, I see.

I’ll try as well then.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you so much for the response! :smiley:

Hello! I have the same problem.

I start my citra app and suddenly, it only shows the terminal page. I’ve uninstalled it and redownloaded it multiple times but it still not works.

Als I tried to dowland the citra version 977 and 976 in order to follow the indications in this blog.

Nombre del modelo: MacBook Pro
Identificador del modelo: MacBookPro11,4
Nombre del procesador: Intel Core i7
Velocidad del procesador: 2,2 GHz
Cantidad de procesadores: 1
Cantidad total de núcleos: 4
Caché de nivel 2 (por núcleo): 256 KB
Caché de nivel 3: 6 MB
Memoria: 16 GB
Versión de la ROM de arranque: MBP114.0184.B00
Versión SMC (sistema): 2.29f24
Número de serie (sistema): C02PL1CYG8WN
UUID de hardware: 39B9848E-C9A1-59D5-9344-67B63A3A1792

The version of mi Mac OS High Sierra is 10.11.6

1 Like

Hi! I updated to 10.14.3 and still not work, the terminal page appears but citra doesn’t.

take a screenshot of the terminal log.

Hi, could you help me please? I I downloaded citra nightly and here is the error log

And this is my macbook information

this was an issue with citra and should be resolved in the latest update for both nightly and canary.

1 Like

Thank you for replying! Is it an update that will be coming shortly?

yes. its live as of about 30 minutes ago. nightly 1199 and on should have the fix

1 Like