Stuttering in Kirby: Planet Robobot with good FPS

Hello! I’m playing Kirby: Planet Robobot on GPD WIN 2 and I’m getting almost 100% speed with decent fps. Problem is that game sometimes stutter and have hiccups. Visually it looks similar to games that cache data from slow HDD and lags happen. But I’m on SSD. Any help with this?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 x64
  • CPU: Intel Core m3-7Y30
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 615
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly #767
  • Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Upload your log.

But I’m on SSD

even then shader cache/compile can cause this sort of issues.

citra_log.txt (12.7 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Can i do it before play?

Citra doesn’t have shader cache yet and there’s no plans currently. nvidia and amd do some shader caching, don’t now about intel.

So while it runs in 60 fps, game stutter on any new action on screen. If i repeat it after this first lag, it will play smoothly…

try running it on canary

Just tried. Same story.

I have the same issue with that game and WarioWare Gold.

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
  • CPU: Intel Pentium Gold 4415U @ 2.30 GHz
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 610 (Driver versions 24.20.100.6229, 24.20.100.6136 and 23.20.16.4973)
  • Citra Version: Citra Canary #730, Citra NIghtly #851

Games in Citra and Dolphin are 20% slower when maximized (upscaled) on a 1920x1080 screen, and DirectX 9 games are slower than they should be. Maybe the Intel drivers for Kaby Lake GPUs just suck really badly.

I have same problem on MonsterHunrter XX.When dose citra add shader cache???

The solution to that might not be trivial. For instance, see the solution that was needed for Dolphin.

2 Likes

I quite agree.It has become the bottleneck of many games from playable to perfect in CITRA.

Kaby Lake GPUs have this issue on Dolphin with OpenGL too. The only solution right now is to use Linux (the stuttering is greatly reduced, but not gone).